Monday, July 20, 2009

SWM: Star Wars 150pt joint team (modified)

= SWM: Star Wars 150pt joint team (modified)
= Monday, July 20th, 2009

First, let me explain a bit about this format. We call it ‘joint team’ and it is very loosely based on other team formats where the team shares resources such as two-headed giant. For this tournament each player fielded 150pts, but teams played on the same map against other teams. Thus each team had a combined 300pts, and could share commander effects as well as strategies together.

I must say that this particular tournament was a resounding success. 7 teams (or 14 players) participated. Unfortunately the tournament did not go smoothly. I planned to go 4 rounds, but then had to cut the last round when I realized that each round was taking too long (we have to finish before the store closes). Also play was continuing long after time was called, so I had to visit each table and demand results before end-of-match procedure was performed completely. Still the attendance (and thus the available prize) was impressive, Thus overall I’m pleased with how things turned out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment