Saturday, July 11, 2009

MtG: Magic 2010 Prerelease!



= MtG: Magic 2010 Prerelease!!
= Saturday, July 11th 2009

First off, yesterday was FNM, and I didn’t post a report for the event because of the prerelease on the following day. However I would like to mention that despite the fact that a handful of people told me that they wouldn’t be there, I still managed to get my 8 players to run the sanctioned event.

So how was the prerelease? Exceptionally good! First off I was over-attended. I was only given enough promos (vampire nocturnus) for 18 players. 19 people showed up. I did give promos to that last person (DCI foil twinclaws/slave to bolas) so that they wouldn’t miss out. I passed out the standard 6 packs to each player, and much excitement ensued as people opened new product for the first time! We went five rounds. In the last round the top two players were both 4-0, and opted to draw and split the prize, and ended up with eleven packs each.

After the main event I ran an 8-seat sanctioned single elimination draft as a side event. I easily got my 8 players for the draft, and even had to turn away 2 more players. Strange thing in that draft, even though we opened a total of 24 packs for the limited pool, there was only one lightning bolt to be found.

Picture: I snapped this photo somewhere around round 2 or 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment