Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MtG: Free Play

= MtG: Free Play
= Tuesday, June 30th, 2009

About ten people were present for free-play night, including one new face (always a good thing). Games were played and fun was had. Lingering discussion on M10, the rules changes, and the near future of the game continued. So far the response to M10 has been .. meh. Some key cards have been purchased from the shop that will appear in the new set (I won’t say which ones to avoid spoilers). On the other hand there doesn’t appear to be any ‘chase’ rares in the new set, and there’s some animosity towards the rules changes, and the almost-but-not reprints.

Personally I’m looking forward to running the prerelease, simply because this is the first prerelease for a core set. And I must admit I’ve got my list of cards that I’ll want out of the new set. Whenever a new set comes out it’s always an exciting prospect, and I think most people are looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment