Friday, June 12, 2009

MtG: FNM standard

= MtG: FNM standard
= Friday, June 12th, 2009

We had another small tournament with the bare minimum this time around. One new player was added to the database. They had been out of it for a while, so had to take some timeshift cards out of their deck. They were legal by the time we started, so we were all good. Scott managed to secure first again with a Revlark build.

My players surprised me. I walked into the venue with the idea that I’d be giving a short public briefing on the new rules being instated for M10’s release (see below)- but to my surprise most of them had read the article and were already familiar with what was happening.

I did do a visual demo of what would happen if a single attacker is gang blocked, and there was general discussion about the combat damage, deathtouch, and lifelink changes. Overall I’d say it was an informative session. Players were generally accepting of the rules changes, although a few were curious about how the old (current) rules handle certain situations such as mulligans and lifelink.

No comments:

Post a Comment