Friday, October 2, 2009

MtG: Zendikar Launch Party (draft)

= MtG: Zendikar Launch Party (draft)
= Friday, October 2nd.

I had 15 people show up for my launch party draft, and it was a good one. Players were organized into two pods for this event, so I essentially had two separate tournaments running simultaneously. We went a total of 3 rounds. In pod 1 Adam H. took first with a blue-green build involving a few whiplash traps. Aron S. took second. In pod 2 Kevin R. and Adam T. chose to draw/split last round. Kevin R. was running blue-green landfall, and Adam T. was running blue-black.

Overall a resounding success. I should also make note that now that Zendikar is officially released, we have a new type-2 environment. I personally am looking forward to seeing new builds and experimental deck types in the format.

No comments:

Post a Comment