Saturday, September 26, 2009

MtG: Zendikar Pre-release!



= MtG: Zendikar Pre-release!
= Saturday, September 26th.

I usually work on saturdays, so I had to open the store this morning. Started registering my regulars almost immediately after opening. I did have help running the register, so I could focus on being a TO and judge. When packs were finally passed out around 1:00, I had 21 people in my tournament. Which is good because it matched last year's pre-release. However, in terms of people, we also had 16 people enrolled in a Yu-gi-oh tournament, which we had to toss upstairs - just to compare.
The Main event lasted 5 rounds. To allow for the maximum number of people to participate in a draft, I ran a swiss draft after the main event. That event had 12 people, and went 3 rounds. I went home tired and exhausted - but final standings for the main event have been posted at our butler location.

Pictures:
Above - I snapped this one round 2 or 3 of the main event. Because of the tight conditions and floor layout you can't see the other two tables.
Below - This is a photo of my 12 player swiss draft. Yeah, I did have to use tiebreaker 3 to place some players.

No comments:

Post a Comment