Sunday, January 31, 2010

MtG: Worldwake Pre-release

= MtG: Worldwake Pre-release
= Sunday, January 31st.

Due to my work and tournament responsibilities I don't often manage to get away from my home shop. However, I had the opportunity to attend and participate as a player in a pre-release down in Tarentum.

My sealed deck pool was actually quite strong. I opened 2 marsh casualties (one foil), and a chain reaction for some solid board-sweeping. I also opened 2 decent bomb rares: Obnix the fallen and Kazuul, Tyrant. Obviously I built my deck black/red. However my tournament performance was lack-luster. I went 1/2- drop. Primarily due to a lack of single-target removal and some land issues in two games.

For the draft, I opted to draft in opposite colors blue/white. However I missed some picks because I was passed Butcher of Malakir, Anowon, the Ruin Sage, and a Chain Reaction. Three cards, which despite being outside of my colors I could not pass up. I promptly hate-drafted all three. I did however pull some strong removal in white, and some decent beaters in blue, but I bowed out of the draft at 1-1 because I lacked a strong early game.

Coming home at about 6:00, I realized that in the last 48 hours, I had participated in nearly 20 hours of magic. While the experience was fun, exciting, and exhilarating - it was not one I plan on repeating every weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment